culture-labs-eu is the official website of the EU-funded CULTURELABS project (funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 770158) managed by Fondazione Sistema Toscana (FST), a private and legally-recognized entity overseen by the Region of Tuscany, and serves as a tool for carrying out the following institutional aims:
a) develop digital technologies for promoting cultural activities, as well as information and knowledge in today’s society, as an instrument of social inclusion and mutual understanding;
b) promoting the cultural best practices related to disadvantages communities such as migrants and encouraging dialogue between the different subjects involved: public administration, cultural institutions and communities;
c) promotion and valorization of the project itself.
Information on the protection of privacy
In accordance with national legislation (Legislative decree 196/June 30, 2003 regarding the protection of personal data) and community legislation (EU regulation for the protection of personal data, n. 679/2016, GDPR) and later modifications, this website respects and safeguards the privacy of visitors and users, ensuring that every possible and proportional attempt will be made to not impinge on the rights of its users.
Legal basis of processing data
The present website processes data only upon agreement.
The provision of data and therefore Agreement to collect and process data is optional; the User can refuse to consent and revoke at any time previously-given consent. Doing so, however, could result in blocked access to some services and navigation of the website could be compromised. Beginning on May 25, 2018 (when the GDPR went into effect), the present website will process some data selected based on the legitimate interests of the owner of the data processing.
culture-labs.eu brings together textual and multimedia content (texts, images, sounds, video, graphics, trademarks, logos, audio-visuals, etc, hereinafter “content”) for the purposes described above.
The content is produced by:
- staff from Fondazione Sistema Toscana (FST), managing the website
- staff from CultureLabs consortium partners: ICCS-NTUA (Greece), Singular Logic (Greece), Sheffield Hallam University (UK), People’s History Museum (UK), Museovirasto – Finnish Heritage Agency (Finland), COOSS Marche ONLUS scpa (Italy), European Forum for Migration Studies (Germany), Platoniq (Spain)
- providers of web services
- third parties who grant the project consortium rights to their textual and multimedia content (for example, through the dissemination of best practices) using credits
- third parties whose property vaunts a creative commons license, allowing for the use of their textual and multimedia content
All the content is protected by current laws regarding authors’ rights and intellectual property, and, therefore, unauthorized reproductions and/or making the content available to the public (even through file-sharing) is not allowed. It is forbidden to upload, reproduce or exchange copies of the protected content without proper authorization from the authors and/or owners of the rights. Anyone who violates this ban is subject to civil and criminal penalties in accordance with the law.
Content providers declare and guarantee to hold the rights to the content (whether it is because they are either the author themselves or because they purchased the rights for use and reproduction from the legitimate owners); therefore, they guarantee the legality, veracity, accuracy and legitimate provenance of the rights of industrial and/or intellectual property or the laws regarding privacy of the content provided to FST.
culture-labs.eu contains links to other websites and social media sites that are not overseen by FST. The user is encouraged to read the conditions and terms of operation and use of the non-FST websites. FST assumes no responsibility for unauthorized use of the user’s data nor any further monitoring or profiling carried out by the websites.
Data collected and aims
As with all websites, the present site also uses log files which conserve data collected automatically during a visit to the website. The data collected could be the following:
- internet protocol address (IP);
- browser type and parameters of the device used for connecting to the website;
- name of the internet service provider (ISP);
- date and time of visit;
- webpage the visitor connected from (referral), as well as the subsequent page upon exiting;
- the number of clicks.
The aforementioned data are processed automatically and collected exclusively in a consolidated form in order to verify the correct operation of the website, and for security reasons (since 25th May 2018, data will be processed based on the legitimate interests of the owner of the data processing).
To ensure security (anti-spam filters, firewall, survey of viruses), the data registered automatically can potentially include personal data, like an IP address, which could be used, in accordance with the relevant current laws, to block attempts to damage the website or other users, as well as damaging or criminal activities. Such data are never used for identifying and profiling the user, but are only intended to safeguard the website and its users (since May 25, 2018, data will be processed based on the legitimate interests of the owner of the data processing).
The data can also be transferred to specialized banks for reports and marketing.
The data collected from the website during its operation are used exclusively for the aims indicated and are conserved for the time necessary for carrying out precise activities or, if applicable, until there is a cancellation request for accounts registered to the website.
The data collected from the website will never be passed to third parties for any reason, unless there is a legitimate request from judicial authorities and only in cases allowed by law.
The data collected from the website are processed at the web hosting’s data centre (TIX – Tuscany Internet Exchange, Via San Piero a Quaracchi 250, Florence).
Analytics Google/Tag Manager
culture-labs.eu uses the tools Google Analytics and Tag Manager for monitoring access to the website (number of accesses, new users, number of sessions, visualizations of a page, type of device and browser, etc.) and receiving information regarding user behaviour on the website (referral, duration of sessions, bounce rate, etc.) for statistical and market study purposes.
FST does not collect users’ personal data because the information related to accessing the website and user behaviour are provided by Google Analytics and Tag Manager in an aggregated and non-personalized/anonymous form. However, FST does not respond to the processing of data collected by Google Inc. through Analytics and Tag Manager. Google could use, unbeknownst to FST, personal data for contextualizing and personalizing advertisements on their marketing network.
Information about the two Google tools used are as follows:
- Google Analytics (Google, Inc.) – Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google uses the personal data collected for the purposes of tracing and examining site use, compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.
Personal data collected: Cookies and usage data
- Google Tag Manager (Google, Inc.) – Google Tag Manager is a statistics service provided by Google, Inc.
Personal data collected: Cookies and usage data
Session cookies are essential for distinguishing connected users, and are useful for ensuring that a requested function not be provided to the wrong user, as well as for security purposes so as to avoid damaging attacks on the website. Session cookies do not contain personal data and last only as long as the session does, that is, until the browser is closed. Consent is not needed for them.
Cookies from Social Networks
The collection and use of data obtained via the plugin are regulated according to the related privacy policies of the social networks, which users are advised to refer to.
- Like button and Facebook and Instagram photo social media widgets (Facebook Inc.) – The “Like” button and Facebook social media widgets are services for interacting with Facebook, provided by Facebook Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Tweet button and Twitter social media widgets (Twitter Inc.) – The “Tweet” button and Twitter social media widgets are services for interacting with Twitter, provided by Twitter Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Subject pertinent to the Privacy Shield.
- Youtube videos (Google, Inc.) – YouTube is a video viewing service managed by Google, Inc. that allows this application to integrate its content into its pages.
Personal data collected: Cookies and Usage Data
For more information, consulte this page.
Website users can choose to subscribe to the culture-labs.eu newsletter in order to periodically receive updates about the newest changes to the website. The tool used to send and manage the newsletter is Mailchimp.com, a service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC that manages email addresses and sending emails.
Personal data collected: email addresses
The newsletter is sent via email to those who explicitly signed up to receive the service.
To sign up, users must fill out a form on a dedicated page of the website and authorize FST to process their personal data. Providing data is entirely optional, but by refusing to provide data, the user will be unable to subscribe to the newsletter.
The present website processes users’ data legitimately and correctly, adopting appropriate security measures aimed at impeding unauthorized access to and disclosure, modification or destruction of data. Processing is carried out using computer and/or online tools, with organizational procedures and reasons strictly related to the intended aims.
In addition to the owner, in some cases certain categories of representatives can have access to data who are involved in the organization of the website (administrative, commercial, marketing and legal personnel and system administrators), as well as external individuals (like providers of third-party technical support, postal workers, hosting providers, IT companies and communication agencies).
Consenting data processing
First access: when accessing the website for the first time, users will see a message that gives them the option of accepting or refusing the use of technical and profiling cookies of third parties on the part of culture-labs.eu. By providing their consent, users authorize FST to use all the tools listed in this policy for the purposes described and for the type of personal data indicated.
Contact form: by filling in their personal data on the contact form accessible on the page https://culture-labs.eu/contact/, users authorize their use for the purposes of responding to requests for information or anything else indicated in the form’s header.
In accordance with EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) and national legislation, the User can, with the procedures and limits provided in current legislation, exercise the following rights:
- request the confirmation of the existence of personal data regarding him/herself (right to access);
- be informed of their origin;
- receive comprehensible communication about them;
- receive information about the reason, procedures and aims of their processing;
- request an update, modification, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymity and blocking of data processes that are in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for carrying out the aims for which they were collected;
- in cases of consent-based processing, receive the data provided to the owner, in a structured and legible manner, from a data processor and in a format commonly used by an electronic device; the cost for doing so only regards possible support;
- the right to present a complaint to the Supervisory Authority (Warranty Policy);
- more generally, all rights that are recognized by current laws.
In cases in which data are processed based on legitimate interests, the rights of interested parties are nonetheless guaranteed (except the right of portability, which is not required by current regulations), especially the right to oppose processing, which can be applied by sending a request to the owner of the data processing.
Managing cookies: consenting their use
Cancelling cookies does not block use of the website culture-labs.eu
Users/visitors can program the browser to accept/refuse all cookies or have appear a warning whenever a cookie is presented in order to evaluate whether or not to accept it.
By default, almost all web browsers are programmed to automatically accept cookies.
You can modify the pre-set configuration, which is set to medium security on browsers (like, for example, Internet Explorer 6.0), and disable cookies (block them definitively), programming a higher level of protection in the dedicated tab (Privacy), but it should be kept in mind that disabling cookies can compromise use of the site’s features.
Users also have the possibility of cancelling (or eliminating) cookies from his/her personal computer, using the browser’s specific feature. Cancelling cookies does not block use of the site, but results in the repeated need to re-authorize, that is, include the user’s credentials upon each visit.
To this aim, there are elements (plugins) for the more common browsers that allow for:
- management (visualization, cancellation, blocking) of cookies;
- visualising technology used by the website;
- visualising and blocking (selective) various tracing mechanisms
Owner of the data processing
In accordance with current laws, the owner of the data processing is Fondazione Sistema Toscana.
Supervisor for the data processing
Mr. Alessandro Giannini has been appointed supervisor for the data processing, having agreed to process the data on behalf of the owner.
In reading the above information, with reference to the EU regulation 679/2016, the user agrees:
- to the processing of personal data, both public and sensitive, regarding him/her, which is used for the aims declared above.
- to the communication of the data to categories of individuals as stated above. Consent remains conditional on compliance with the provisions of current legislation.
CULTURELABS project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 770158. The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the CULTURELABS project.